Control Center Release Notes
February 14, 2020
- Bug Fix - Forms will not longer timeout on super-large data sets
February 13, 2020
- Bug Fix - Fixed enlarged image being cutoff on Tables
- Bug Fix - 'Reset Anti-Passpack Periodically' can now be turned off as expected'
February 7, 2020
- Bug Fix - Fixed issue with CSV export on activity related pages (client-side filtering/sorting tables).
- Bug Fix - Fixed sorting bug.
- Bug Fix - Fixed error when creating a lockdown plan.
- Bug Fix - Fixed default filters issue.
- Bug Fix - Fixed "State To Trigger" issue on Entry Schedules page.
- Bug Fix - Fixed issue where partial numbers were not matching rows in tables.
February 5, 2020
- Integrations > All Integrations > Okta - Our Okta integration now supports portal Single Sign-On (SSO) via SAML. See detailed instructions on the integration page.
- Removed pagination from activity based tables.
- Bug Fix - Fixed visibility issue of actions on the Reader Status table on the Hardware Dashboard.
- Bug Fix - Fixed issue on the Credential Management page where CSV export wasn't exporting all the data.
- Bug Fix - In CSV exports, the characters '+', '=', '-', and '@' have been prepended with a tab to prevent evaluations of cell strings in excel/sheets.
- Updated release notes page UI.
February 4, 2020
- Added Alaska time as a timezone option.
- Bug Fix - Org Switcher filtering works better with 1-3 letter filters.
- Bug Fix - Fixed issue where Hardware Dashboard was not showing the correct port data when the port was on an expansion board other than 0.
January 30, 2020
- Bug Fix - Fixed table header overlapping issues.
- Bug Fix - If you remove a group from an identity provider it will no longer try to save the group relations to the removed group.
- Bug Fix - Fixed issue that prevented pages from loading in older versions of Microsoft Edge.
January 29, 2020
- Bug Fix - Blown up images on the Entry Dashboard are no longer cutoff.
- Bug Fix - Table headers no longer cover org switcher.
January 28, 2020
- New tables that include newly added filterable columns.
January 27, 2020
- Searches for your organizations via symbols should work properly now.
- Simplified group sync options for identity providers.
January 23, 2020
- Administration > Alert Settings - New email alerts types are available: Identity Provider (to receive notifications when sync fails), ACU Online Status Changed (to receive notifications when a Smart Hub/ ACU loses or regains network connectivity).
- Reports > Portal Audit Report - The IP address field in the summary table now shows all IP addresses involved in the request, in cases where the HTTP X-Forwarded-For header indicates that web proxies were involved between the end client and the Openpath API. As always, complete details are available in the JSON view that can be unfolded for each row in the audit table.
- Bug Fix - Improved reliability of networking connection between control panel and server.
January 10, 2020
- Feature - New option to only import users from groups that have an Openpath group mapping from identity providers.
January 7, 2020
- Feature - Added Rhombus Systems integration card.
- Bug Fix - Fixed typo on Density integration card.
January 6, 2020
- Bug Fix - Fixed issue where changing credential type on credential table didn't reset filter.
December 30, 2019
- If no accounts payable, display "--".
- Change some text to match form field name.
December 20, 2019
- ACU Token Validity Duration can now be set on Administration > Account > Org Settings Widget.
December 19, 2019
- Slight improvements to navigation speed.
- Users are now required to sign their terms of service before taking other actions.
December 18, 2019
- Bug Fix - Fixed typo in permission error.
December 16, 2019
- Frozen accounts will once again see a billing banner under certain circumstances.
December 13, 2019
- Bug Fix - Fixed overlapping discount text issue.
December 11, 2019
- Frozen status bar removed from orgs.
- Feature - Identities table now shows roles/mfa information.
November 25, 2019
- Rules renamed back to Hook Actions.
- More Reliable NavMenu + Breadcrumbs/
November 21, 2019
- Hook Actions renamed to Rules.
- Bug Fix - Recurring schedules that lasted exactly 24 hours were not being saved correctly.
- Bug Fix - Fix for "cannot read id of undefined" on orgswitcher (benign).
November 8, 2019
- Feature - New faster guest access page.
- Bug Fix - Fixed issue with form borders.
- Bug Fix - Fixed issue with alerts blocking ability to click on tabs.
November 7, 2019
- Feature - Added API, Mobile SDK, Webhooks, and Density integrations.
- Added delete confirmation when trying to delete a lockdown plan.
- Better experience changing organization and accessing your profile.
- Bug Fix - Fixed whitespace error on Header (with banners) and allow Org Name to be clicked to load org switcher.
- Bug Fix - Fixed lockdown webhook issue.
- Bug Fix - Fixed typo (Zappier -> Zapier).
- Bug Fix - Fixed an issue where some users may not have been able to see all menu options.
November 4, 2019
- Bug Fix - Fixed issue where there was an unnecessary scrollbar when selecting a subscription plan.
- Removed internal table scrolling on dashboard pages so that rows are more easily seen on small screens.
- Bug Fix - Removed default lockdown plan auto-revert of 60 seconds.
- Feature - Single sign-on page now has a unique URL so that users can go directly to it.
October 28, 2019
- Administration > Alert Settings - New email alerts types are available: Generic Input State Changed, REX State Changed, and Contact Sensor State Changed.
- Integrations > Outbound Webhooks > Subscriptions > Create Subscription - New hook event types are available: genericInput.stateChanged, rex.stateChanged, and contactSensorStateChanged.
- Bug Fix - Show error and allow entry schedules page to load when the iCal text format is invalid.
October 25, 2019
- Bug Fix - Fixed UI issues on dashboards
- Feature - 2FA on login will now be auto-focused to type into
- Feature - Added placeholder page for when the site is taking too long to load
October 22, 2019
- Updated UI for site alerts
- Further improvements for users using LastPass
- Credentials Table and Edit Page now shows whether a user is Active or not
October 10, 2019
- Bug Fix - For clients using LastPass, it should not longer conflict with the email input when editing/creating a new user
October 8, 2019
- Bug Fix - Fixed issue where user look ups were happening too frequently on Entry Dashboard page causing unnecessary server and CPU load.
- Bug Fix - Fixed issue where a message on the Activity Dashboard page was displayed showing there were users from outside the org when in fact there weren't.
October 3, 2019
- Bug Fix - Fix for changing your organization name under 'Administration'.
- Bug Fix - Certain accounts now properly show their billing information.
October 1, 2019
- Bug Fix - Users from outside the organization are no longer selectable.
- Bug Fix - Message now shows under stats when there are users from outside the organization.
- Bug Fix - Fixed issue where unfound entries were constantly being looked for.
September 30, 2019
- Bug Fix - Fixed issue where user pictures wouldn't show up if you loaded the Entry Dashboard URL directly.
- Bug Fix - Fixed null check bug on User Table page.
- Dashboards > Activity Dashboard - Made just the name clickable to take you to the user page.
September 26, 2019
- Bug Fix - Fixed bug on Activity Dashboard page where message was shown incorrectly when there were users from outside the org.
- Dashboards > Activity Dashboard - Small optimizations.
September 25, 2019
- Users > Import Users - When updating a user that already has a mobile credential, a mobile setup email will be sent if the "Send Setup Email" is TRUE
- Dashboards > Activity Dashboard - Small optimizations
- Removed "Since" dialogue from Delinquent accounts since it's possible to be paid in full but have a small pro-rated addition fail
- Dashboards > Hardware Dashboard - Super admins can restart hardware
September 16, 2019
- Users > Credentials - clicking on a row now takes you straight to the user's credentials page
- Integrations - ButterflyMX added to our integrations page
- Dashboard - Tooltip added to explain the remote unlock indicator "(R)"
September 3, 2019
- Reports > Portal Audit Report - This new report shows a log of changes made via the Control Center or the underlying Openpath API. Each record shows the type of action, who performed the action, and some key details about the action; in addition each row can be unfolded to view all of the underlying JSON record (with complete details) that is stored for each action.
- Dashboards - The dashboards are now reorganized into a single page with three tabs: Activity, which shows a live feed of access events; Entry, which shows the live status of each Entry (this is most similar to the previous Main Dashboard); and Hardware (same as the previous Hardware Dashboard).
August 21, 2019
- Users > User Management > Edit User > Credentials - A new Wiegand ID card format is now available: "Kastle 32-bit".
August 19, 2019
- Hardware > ACU Management > Edit ACU - There is a new "Ports" tab that provides an overview of the configuration of all ports associated with the ACU, and allows Input ports to be reconfigured between REX and Contact Sensor types.
August 14, 2019
- Integrations > All Integrations - The previous "Identity Providers" and "Other Integrations" pages are now combined into a single page with a section for each integration category, to help prepare for many new integrations that are in the works.
- Dashboard and Activity Log pages - The previous "Entry" column is now renamed to "Entry / Target", in anticipation of upcoming activity event types where the target of the action is a resource other than an Entry. Regardless of the type of the target, this column will show its name or other meaningful identifier.
July 30, 2019
- Feature - The "User Import Page" has been updated to include identity provider support. The "Update Existing Users" toggle has been replaced by a dropdown which indicates how existing local users should be handled. If there are one or more active identity providers, there is now a "Namespace" dropdown where an identity provider can be selected. If an identity provider is selected, the emails from the CSV will be matched to users from that identity provider, and the user credentials, remote access, portal access, and groups will be updated. Identity provider users cannot be created, nor can their names be modified using the user import page (this must be done directly in "Integrations").
July 29, 2019
- Feature - Added a loading spinner and progress indicator to the CSV Export Button.
July 24, 2019
- Feature - REX's now have the option to disable triggering the relay to unlock the entry. When "Trigger Relay" is disabled, the "Bypass Duration" determines for how long (if at all) forced-open alarms will be suppressed following a REX trigger.
- Feature - User credentials page (mobile) now includes columns to show if mobile activation is pending and when a mobile credential was activated.
July 17, 2019
- Feature - Schedules can now be applied directly to entries on the Entry Schedules page.
- Feature - Added API Server restart to ACUs on the Hardware Dashboard page. Also added confirmation and tooltip info for all the restart buttons.
- Bug Fix - Rollover issues fixed.
July 16, 2019
- Feature - Entry Schedules page has been added under Sites. Now there is one place to manage all entry schedules. A single entry schedule can now also be applied to multiple entries, and is assigned through the entry create/edit page.
- Feature - Added 'Activation Pending' column to the Mobile Credentials table. If the value of this column is 'Yes', an activation email has been sent, but the link has not yet been used to activate the credential on a mobile phone.
- Feature - Envoy integration has been added to the 'Other Integrations' page.
- Feature - Both the cloud and hardware communicators can now be restarted on the Hardware Dashboard page.
- Feature - API Audit Report page has been added under Reports.
- Bug Fix - The 'Send' button on the Mobile Credentials table now immediately changes to 'Resend' when it has been clicked and an activation email has been sent.
- Bug Fix - An issue has been fixed where an incorrect active user count was being displayed on the Main Dashboard.
June 27, 2019
- Feature - Main dashboard has received some minor UI and optimization updates along with indications when communication with an ACU has been lost.
June 21, 2019
- Feature - A separate Credentials menu item has been added under Users. The Credentials page shows all the credentials for the organization and who they belong to. Using the filters, a user can now be found based on a credential (including using a Wiegand Card number to find the user it belongs to).
June 17, 2019
- Feature - User imports now includes support for Cloud Key and Card credentials.
- Bug Fix - Installation Guides link has been fixed.
May 31, 2019
- Users > User Credentials > Cloud Key > Webhook URL - Multiple entries are now supported. Select an entry or entries from the list of entries available to the user, use the default label for the entry or customize it, and give a time range for cloud unlock use (default is 1 day). The links generated will link to a page that will list all the entries selected.
May 24, 2019
- Reports > Entry Access Audit - This new report shows you at a glance which Users have access to a given Entry, as well as whether each User's access is limited by any associated user/group schedules, or whether that User's access is "Unrestricted" (that is, no restrictions beyond the Entry's own policies deriving from its default state and its schedule, if any). As with the rest of our reports and most of our data tables, you can export the results of this audit in CSV format for further processing or offline storage.
May 23, 2019
- Users > User Management > Access and Users > Group Management - In the table used to assign Users/Groups access to Zones, each Zone is annotated with the number of Entries belonging to that Zone, with emphasis if the count is 0 - we are hoping to help you know what you're getting when you give users access.
- Reports > Activity Logs, User Activity, and Entry Activity - The maximum range for a report has been increased to 1 year (up from 30 days previously). Depending on your configuration, number of Smart Hubs, etc., it may take some time to fetch all the results for a longer range (stay tuned for optimizations that we have in the works) but the progress bar will let you know that your results are on the way.
May 20, 2019
- Date/Time selection widgets now show the Time Zone (inferred from your browser settings) used to interpret the date/time values that you enter. Internally date/time values are stored in UTC (Coordinated Universal Time), and then converted back into your local time zone for display within the Openpath Control Center.
May 10, 2019
- Hardware Dashboard - In order to handle Smart Hubs (ACUs) that have one or more expansion boards attached, Readers are now identified by port number AND expansion board number.
May 9, 2019
- Administration > Billing - Billing calculations now include Elevator I/O Boards (see Hardware > ACU Management for your Smart Hubs and their associated expansion boards). Your monthly/yearly subscription will include a charge for each Elevator I/O Board that has at least one of its ports associated to an Entry; conversely, the per-Entry charge is waived for each Entry that is associated only with an Elevator I/O Board.
May 2, 2019
- Feature - Hardware Dashboard - Add IP address column for ACUs.
- Feature - Hardware Dashboard - Add MAC address column for ACUs.
- Tweak - Hardware Dashboard - Colorize ACUs which are not online.
- Tweak - Hardware Dashboard - Remove redundant LAN column from ACU.
- Tweak - Hardware Dashboard - Simplify date text.
- Tweak - Hardware Dashboard - Fix padding on offline ACUs.
- Tweak - ACU Management - Clarify severity of deleting an ACU.
May 1, 2019
- Main Dashboard - Users that have a Cloud Key credential will now see an "Unlock" button within the "Lock State" column that allows them to remotely unlock the given Entry using their Cloud Key.
- Top Toolbar - Profile, Sign Out, and Organization-switching (if the signed-in user has access to multiple Organizations) are now available from within a single menu that appears at the righthand side of the top toolbar.
April 28, 2019
- Users > User Management > Create User - The Start and End fields now include Time elements along with Date, to allow full precision in control a User's access.
April 22, 2019
- Pages were optimized to maximize space utilization and other small improvements were made for better overall user interface and experience.
- Send Feedback button was moved to the menu in order to prevent it obscuring other elements.
- Bug fix - Fixed issues with Hook Actions and Subscriptions.
April 8, 2019
- Bug fix - Entry Activity Page has been updated and now shows the correct activity for a specified entry.
April 2, 2019
- Tables now have a total results count.
April 1, 2019
- Reports > Activity Logs - We've added a new Denied Reason column, providing detail about why access attempts were denied.
March 22, 2019
- Tables can now be sorted by columns that contain counts of associated resources (for instance, User Count in the Group Management table, or Entry Count, Group Count, and User Count in the Zone Management table).
- Bug fix - The User Management table would occasionally briefly show deleted Users initially, and then hide them later; this is now fixed, though as always you can explicitly opt to view deleted Users with the Status Filter.
March 21, 2019
- Most tables throughout the Openpath Control Center now include an "Export Data" button that allows you to download a CSV-formatted file contain all of the table's data.
- Bug fix - In the Main Dashboard's Denied Access List, the displayed User is now no longer occasionally misattributed in cases where the underlying card number was not in fact associated with any User.
March 8, 2019
- Entry Management - An Entry may now be linked directly to an ACU (Smart Hub) without using any associated hardware controls (Readers, Relays, Contact Sensors, etc.) - this configuration mode can be useful in combination with Outbound Webhooks > Subscriptions > Hook Actions, where the Smart Hub will act as the processing center to trigger custom integrations upon "unlock" of a hardware-less Entry.
- Bug fix - When creating a new Entry, the default value for Entry Open Duration within Entry/Exit Hardware was temporarily lost, but is now found, restored to its intended 5-second value! (And of course as always, you can replace the default with whatever value you choose.)
March 7, 2019
- Entry Management - The overview table now includes a column showing the ACU (Smart Hub) associated with each entry, and in addition all of the table columns are now filterable and sortable.
- ACU (Smart Hub) Management - The overview table now includes a column showing the number of Entries associated with each ACU (Smart Hub), and in addition the sorting on the serial number column has been fixed.
March 6, 2019
- User Management > Credentials - The input field will no longer clear itself when entering an incorrect card number.
- Entry Management - An Entry can now be reassigned to a different ACU (and associated with controls from that ACU) in a single edit step, rather than having to first remove all controls from one ACU, save the Entry, and then re-edit the Entry to associate with the new ACU.
- Bug fix - Fixed issues with Anti-Passback reset and relinquish Zone Share buttons.
- Bug fix - Fixed issue where hovering over days on User Activity Summary page was not updating the hourly summary for that day (this has also been changed to click to activate to be more mobile friendly).
February 27, 2019
- Activity Logs - Logs for default date range (1 day) is displayed on page load.
- Zone Management (Anti-Passback) - Added time unit to duration fields.
- Bug fix - Date range last searched for on Activity Logs page is now displayed correctly along with data when leave and then return to the page.
- Bug fix - Prevent LastPass icon from showing on all fields except login credentials.
- Bug fix - Selecting all users on User Management page now works.
- Bug fix - Fixed display of wide user avatars.
- Bug fix - Fixed issue where options didn't show on entry create/edit pages when there was no org zones and exactly 1 zone shared with the org.
- Bug fix - Fixed issue on User/Entry Activity Summary pages where hovering on day for daily summary was not showing hourly data for that day. The action has now been changed to click to toggle hourly data for that day.
February 22, 2019
- Entry Management - Added time unit to duration fields.
- Zone Management (Anti-Passback) - Added time unit to duration fields.
- Bug fix - Info button text is now always on top.
February 20, 2019
- Activity Logs (renamed from Access Logs) - Progress bar added to show the status of the search query. Results are now sortable and filterable. Pagination was added to table and results per page are adjustable.
- User Activity - A new table showing more details was added (mirrors the details seen on the Activity Page).
- Bug fix - Typing in a date or time field on the Activity Logs page is now possible and no longer causes strange behavior.
February 13, 2019
- Role Management - Added a new role specific permission under users. Without any role permissions, users do no have access to the Role Management section, nor do they have the ability to modify roles for a users under User Management. With role read permissions, users are able to view Role Management only. With role write permissions, users are able to view and edit roles in Role Management as well as add roles to users in User Management. Any roles that currently have user permissions will automatically receive corresponding role permissions (e.g. a role with user read permission, will now have role read permision). Role permissions for these roles must be explicitly removed so that there is no unexpected behavior caused by this release.
- Bug fix - Inactive (Deleted) users are filtered out from dropdown options.
- Bug fix - Remove "Choose An ACU" option from dropdown options.
February 7, 2019
- Users > User Management > Create User - When you create a new user and assign a Start Date, the implied time of day associated with that Date will be midnight (beginning of the day) in the local timezone of your web browser. Previously the implied time would be the current time of day at which you created the user, which led to unexpected results when, say, creating a user at 5:30pm today with a Start Date of tomorrow, because then the user's access would not become active until 5:30pm tomorrow, after your business day had likely finished already. With this change, such a new user would instead become active at 12:00am tomorrow, in time for the full business day. In a subsequent update we'll provide direct control and visibility over the time portion of the Start Date and End Date.
February 5, 2019
- Anti-Passback - Head over to Sites > Zone Management > Edit Zone, where you'll find a new Anti-Passback configuration tab. Here you can define prescribed movement flows that Users must follow as they traverse your Entries. For instance, you could arrange that Users must transit a designated exit door before they are able to again pass through an entrance door. Among other things, this prevents Users from sharing their credential(s) to allow multiple people to pass through an entrance using a single credential. Check out the tooltips in the Anti-Passback tab for more information about the variety of configuration options, which support everything from straightforward in/out flows to complex multi-step movement flows.
- hiddenIf: HIDE_ANTI_PASSBACK_TAB
- Bug fix - In Administration > Billing > Subscriptions, the "Save" button was inadvertently grayed out for the "Monthly" plan if you had never selected and saved a plan previously. This is now fixed - but we still recommend the "Annual" plan as the best deal!
February 4, 2019
- Forced-Open Events - This new functionality allows you to detect, and optionally alert, when a door (or any other Entry) opens without having occurred during either an authorized unlock request (from the outside / secured side) or a request-to-exit event (from the inside / unsecured side). First, to enable detection of forced-open events, head over to the Contact Sensor section for one of your Entries under Sites > Entry Management, and toggle on the "Forced-Open Detection" slider. (Note that in order to avoid false forced-open detections when the Entry is opened from the inside / unsecured side, you will need to have a request-to-exit (REX) device that is wired to the Openpath ACU (Smart Hub) and configured in the Entry's settings.) Then, to enable email or SMS alerts for forced-open events, navigate to Administration > Alert Settings and enable the "Entry Forced Open" alert type, and enter the email or SMS of your desired recipients. Finally, to enable custom integrations, you can head to Integrations > Outbound Webhooks > Subscriptions and create a subscription for the "entry.forcedOpen" Hook Event type.
January 31, 2019
- Integrations > Identity Providers - When auto-assigning groups, you can choose to "auto-remove users from groups". If selected, users will be removed from groups on each sync if the user no longer exists in the mapped identity provider group. This feature is helpful if you want to keep your Openpath groups hard-synchronized with Identity Provider groups, so as users are removed from your Identity Provider groups, they will be removed from your Openpath groups.
- Bug fix - Mobile credential end time is no longer required
- Bug fix - You can now select the checkboxes next to users for bulk actions
January 28, 2019
- Sites > Entry Management - The Request to Exit configuration option for Active Low State (enabled/disabled) has been replaced with a choice of Normally Closed / Normally Open. This is a terminology change only to improve clarity; the underlying functional behavior has not changed.
- Sites > Zone Management - The Zone overview table now show User Count and Group Count, giving you a quick summary of the access permissions associated with each Zone.
January 21, 2019
- Administration > Alert Settings - Alerts can now be configured to be sent via SMS (normal carrier charges apply) to US-based mobile phone numbers, in addition to email delivery.
January 16, 2019
- Integrations > Outbound Webhooks > Subscriptions - Subscriptions can now be configured in either blocking or non-blocking mode, giving you the option (with blocking mode) to have a subscription act as a gate at a certain step of the handling of, for instance, an unlock request.
January 15, 2019
- Administration > Email Alerts - New alert types are now available to keep you informed in real-time of potential problems in your physical access environment: Entry Ajar, Entry Authentication Failure, Entry Authorization Failure, and Entry Unlock Failure.
- Integrations > Outbound Webhooks > Subscriptions - Several new event types have been added to give your API receiver of choice the ability to receive detailed information about unlock and other event processing at the Smart Hub (ACU), including entry.ajar.started, entry.ajar.ended, entry.authenticated, entry.authenticated.failed, entry.authorized, entry.authorized.failed, entry.unlocked, and entry.unlocked.failed.
January 8, 2019
- User Management - Deleted users can now be viewed, by selected Deleted in the Status Filter drop-down menu. In addition, Deleted users can now be restored to Active status, by selecting one or more Deleted users, and then clicking "Change Status To" to choose a new status.
- Dashboards > Hardware - The Hardware Dashboard now includes a Restart command within the Remote Diagnostics section for readers. This function can be used to attempt to recover a Reader from certain error conditions.
December 14, 2018
- User Management > Credentials - This section has a new look! And it's easier to manage and view credentials.
November 19, 2018
- Mobile Gateway - This is a new suite of functionality that enables frictionless integration with third-party access control systems, in which an Openpath ACU acts as a gateway between Openpath Mobile or card credentials, and the other system. You can now configure the Openpath ACU to emit a Wiegand ID from one of the ACU's Wiegand ports, which can then be received by the third-party system and processed exactly as if that system had been presented directly with a Wiegand card credential. You'll find the relevant controls in the Wiegand section of an Entry's page under Sites > Entry Management, and in the Card: Wiegand ID credential type on the Users > User Management > Credentials page. Mobile Gateway provides three modes, which can be used in combination: 1) Pass-Through, where Wiegand credentials arriving at the Openpath ACU are passed to the output port directly, without authentication or authorization, so that those decisions are left fully to the other system; 2) Generic Gateway, where user unlock attempts are authenticated and authorized at the Openpath ACU using any valid Openpath credential, and then subsequently a default Wiegand ID is sent to the other system; and 3) User-specific Gateway, where each user has an associated Credential of the Card: Wiegand ID type that has been designated as "Use for Gateway", which will then be sent to the other system after that user's unlock attempt is authenticated and authorized.
October 30, 2018
- Add a user from an existing org - If you'd like to add a user that is already in the system, such as from an installer account, you can now add them using their email and namespace (they will have to give that to you) on the Create User page.
October 29, 2018
- User Management > Credentials - For Card: Wiegand ID credentials (that is, low-frequency RFID cards), we now explicitly designate the card format, which controls how individual component fields (such as Facility Code and Card ID) are encoded into the final bit-level representation of the card number that is used within the access control system. To start, we support a handful of popular formats, including Prox 26-bit (H10301), Prox 37-bit (H10302), Prox 37-bit with Facility Code (H10304), and Prox 35-bit Corporate 1000 (H5XXXX). If you have cards using a different format, please reach out and let our support team know as we will be adding support for additional formats frequently. In addition, there is a Raw 64-bit format you can use to represent any card number that doesn't fit one of our built-in formats.
October 22, 2018
- We've made it easier to assess and monitor your configurations at a glance, by showing counts of relevant associated resources in overview tables: the Groups table and Roles table now show a User Count, and the Sites table shows a Zone Count. These are in addition to the Zones table which continues to show an Entry Count.
- If you are integrating with an identity provider to sync users (i.e., GSuite, MSAzureAD, Okta), the sync can fail for various reasons. We bubble that up to you in a banner so if that happens, you know about it and can take proper action.
October 18, 2018
- User Management > Security - If a user has lost their MFA credential (i.e., changed phones), admins can navigate here to remove it so a user can set another one up.
October 9, 2018
- User & Group Schedules - Manage access to zones by user or group! First head over to Users -> Schedule Management read about how it works and configure your user or group schedules. Then, assign schedules on the Edit Group or Edit User Access pages.
- hiddenIf: SCHEDULE_MANAGEMENT_MENU_ITEM_HIDDEN
October 3, 2018
- Okta - This new identity provider integration allows you to connect Openpath to your Okta organization, allowing you to automatically synchronize users and provision mobile access credentials for them. In order to configure the Okta integration, you need to have an API Key from Okta, and an API URL, which will be your organization's Okta domain name, for example "https://yourcompany.okta.com". We recommend creating an API Key associated with a service user/administration in your Okta organization that has only the Okta "Group" role.
- Single Sign-On (SSO) - For GSuite or MS Azure AD, you can enable SSO so users with admin access will authenticate to the portal through your identity provider.
September 19, 2018
- Hardware > ACU Management - The overview table now shows the ACU Serial number: this will match the number printed on the label that is affixed to the physical ACU board.
- Dashboards > Hardware - The Hardware Dashboard now shows the ACU Serial number, and also includes a Remote Diagnostics section for both ACUs and Readers that allows you to send diagnostic commands to help identify devices and verify connectivity. The "Identify" function will light the LEDs and beep the buzzer for a Reader, or briefly flash the center LED for an ACU. The "Refresh" function will instruct an ACU to instantaneously send updated data to appear on the dashboard page. This allows you both to see the very latest status information, as well as implicitly check that the ACU is online and responsive; if the ACU is properly online, you will see the Last Reported timestamp update shortly after clicking the "Refresh" button. Please note that the Remote Diagnostics functionality requires a recent version of ACU software; if you don't see Remote Diagnostics on your dashboard yet, rest assured it will appear when your ACU(s) receive the next software auto-update.
August 27, 2018
- Quick Start - A new account configuration wizard will be the first thing you see when you log into accounts that do not have any sites configured yet. We walk you through steps to create sites, ACUs, readers, etc. You can also access the wizard through the Administration section.
August 13, 2018
- Administration > Email Alerts - This new section allows you to sign up to be alerted for specific events, such as if your account is in danger of being Frozen due to invalid payment information.
- hiddenIf: ALERTS_SETTINGS_MENU_ITEM_HIDDEN
August 8, 2018
- Users > Import Users - You can now bulk import users into your organization via an uploaded CSV file.
- Integrations > Outbound Webhooks - This new section allows you to create subscriptions to listen to events within the Openpath system so you can trigger actions, such as POSTing to your target URL.
- Hardware > ACU Management - Added support for expansion boards.
- Support - New section with quick links to FAQs, Installation Guides, etc.
- Entry Management - When creating an entry, selecting the Relay port will auto-select equivalent unconfigured ports.
July 13, 2018
- Administration > Billing - A new Invoice History section gives you an overview of your invoices, with a link for each to view the complete details along with an option to download a PDF of the invoice and/or the associated payment receipt.
- Table views for most resources (Users, Groups, Sites, Zones, Entries, Roles, ACUs, Readers) now have icon buttons representing Edit/Delete/View actions.
July 10, 2018
- Inline help is now available throughout the site in the form of Info "(i)" icons that can be hovered over or clicked to provide contextual information about the associated concept.
- Dashboards > Main Dashboard - The Last Activity section for each Entry now shows the profile picture (if any) of the relevant user.
June 28, 2018
- Administration > Billing - Manage your subscription plan, credit card information, and sign our Terms of Service.
June 18, 2018
- Integrations > Identity Providers - Imported users can now be mapped from their Provider Groups to Openpath Groups.
- Integrations > Other Integrations - This new page provides an overview of other integrations with Openpath as well as some help to get started. Keep checking back for more integrations!
- Reports - All reports now include data tables and the ability to export data to CSV.
May 31, 2018
- Entry management - The Entry create/edit page now includes advanced detailed controls for your Openpath Reader's Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) functionality, giving you fine-grained control over the range/sensitivity of BLE functions, as well as control over which reader functions are enabled or disabled.
- Dashboards > Hardware Dashboard - This new dashboard gives you visibility into the status of your Openpath hardware (ACUs and Readers), including whether they currently appear to be online, as well as their current hardware and software versions.
- All table views - In general, our table views (for instance, Users > User Management, or Sites > Entry Management) now allow you to click anywhere in a row to go to the details/edit view for that item.
- Reports - User Activity (by entry) and Entry Activity (by user) now include a pie chart giving a visual summary of the activity data.
May 18, 2018
- Reports > User Activity (by entry) - This report allows you to select a specific User and a time range, and see a percentage breakdown by Entry of that User's activity.
- Reports > Entry Activity (by user) - This report allows you to select a specific Entry and a time range, and see a percentage breakdown by User of accesses to that Entry.
- Reports > User Activity Summary - This report allows you to select a specific User and a time range, and see graphs showing that User's total activity over time: by day within that range, by hour averaged across all days in the range, and by hour within a chosen day within that range.
- Reports > Entry Activity Summary - This report allows you to select a specific Entry and a time range, and see graphs showing that Entry's total activity over time: by day within that range, by hour averaged across all days in the range, and by hour within a chosen day within that range.
May 14, 2018
- Touch unlock - A new set of Trigger Methods related to Touch unlock are now available and currently enabled in the default "Convenience" Entry State, and can also be configured in any of your custom Entry States. Touch unlock allows an authorized user, carrying a mobile phone with an Openpath Mobile Access credential and within Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) range of an Openpath Smart Reader, to unlock the associated Entry by lightly touching the reader or by passing their hand directly in front of it. In order to use Touch unlock you must have a Touch-enabled Openpath Smart Reader, and a Touch-enabled version of the Openpath Mobile Access application; speak with your Openpath representative for details.
May 10, 2018
- Users - While editing a User, the email field is now editable if the user is Openpath-native (as opposed to imported from an external Identity Provider).
May 2, 2018
- Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA) - The Profile page (accessible from the user icon near the upper right) now includes a Security tab that allows you to enable and manage Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA) options. MFA is highly recommended as an additional security layer, protecting your account from unauthorized access even if an attacker obtains your username and password. Currently supported MFA options include Google Authenticator and any similar application that uses the standard Time-based One-Time Password (TOTP) algorithm.
April 11, 2018
- Entry States - Three new default Entry States, and the ability to create your own customized Entry States, are now available to help you manage what types of access methods are allowed to unlock your entries. The new default states are Convenience (all access methods allowed), Standard Security (most mobile access methods, and cards supported by Openpath readers), and Strict Security (only interactive 2FA onsite mobile access, and encrypted smartcards). These states replace the previous One-Factor and Two-Factor entry states as well as the separate enable/disable of Remote Unlock - remote unlock methods are now managed within entry states. You can create your own customized Entry States by definining a granular list of access methods that should be allowed. As always, you can use entry schedules to manage the behavior of your entries by assigning them to different Entry States at different times of day.
- hiddenIf: ENTRY_STATES_MENU_ITEM_HIDDEN
April 10, 2018
- Dashboard - The dashboard will now prominently display an Ajar Alarm if an Entry has been configured with the Ajar Feature enabled (under the Contact Sensor section in the Edit Entry page), and the the Contact Sensor has been in the Open state for longer than the configured duration.
March 28, 2018
- Integrations - You now have an option to enable automatic creation of a Cloud Key credential when synchronizing users from a linked identity provider (for example Google G Suite or Microsoft Azure Active Directory).
March 21, 2018
- Microsoft Azure Active Directory - This new identity provider integration allows you to connect Openpath to your organization in Microsoft Azure Active Directory, allowing you to automatically synchronize users and provision mobile access credentials for them. Note that you must connect with a Microsoft "work or school" account, rather than a personal Microsoft account.
- hiddenIf: MSAZUREAD_INTEGRATION_HIDDEN
March 14, 2018
- Cloud Key credential type - The new Cloud Key credential allows you to create web links that, when clicked (or requested programatically), can unlock a designated entry. This allows you to send temporary access links via email or messaging app to someone who is not a regular Openpath user so that they can unlock one of your entries under the conditions you specify. It also allows you to integrate with 3rd-party API-based automation services that can programatically make web requests, so that that service can trigger unlock of your entries.
March 12, 2018
- Administration section - The new Administration section of the Openpath Control portal allows you to self-manage your organization's name and (optional) logo, which will appear in the Openpath Mobile Access app for your users. Over time, this section will include additional organization-related metadata.
- hiddenIf: ADMINISTRATION_MENU_ITEM_HIDDEN
March 9, 2018
- Openpath DESFire EV1 Card credential type - This new Openpath-managed DESFire EV1 Card credential provides strong encryption and anti-cloning security for users who need or prefer smart-card credentials.
- Google G Suite Integration - The new Integrations section now includes an identity-management integration with Google's G Suite, which allows you to automatically synchronize your users and provision mobile access credentials for them.
March 2, 2018
- User picture - You can now optionally upload a profile picture for each user, which will appear in the Openpath Mobile Access app, and ultimately help you to identify users in activity reports and dashboards within your Openpath Control portal.
February 27, 2018
- ACU registration - From the ACU hardware management page, you can now self-manage the registration and activation of ACU hardware.
February 14, 2018
- Zone sharing - From the Zone management page, Openpath customer organizations can now optionally share entry zones with other organizations (orgs), which allows the receiving org to assign users to have access to the entries in the shared zone, and allows the sharing org to track user activity on the shared entries.