Enhancing video management solutions with Openpath mobile access control
Video management software (VMS), combined with physical access control, creates a unified solution that simplifies your security operations with a smarter approach to IP video surveillance. Integrating access control systems with your VMS creates improved visibility, better risk mitigation and more powerful analytics to identify access events. Instead of handling disparate systems, your administrators can view critical information from a single pane of glass, providing a more efficient user experience.
Openpath’s access control system natively integrates with leading VMS platforms (Milestone and Camio), providing users with an end-to-end solution that visually captures access events as they happen, and the ability to respond immediately.
- Improved safety - Offer faster, superior protection and physical security for all of your employees and tenants. Triage safety and security issues in real-time. Mitigate loss-prevention issues with the visual recognition of credentialed users for any given environment.
- Visual context for all access control events - Visual monitoring of entries and exits across all of your locations to quickly resolve any investigation or answer common security questions.
- Remote visual monitoring - In addition to Openpath’s remote access capabilities, you can visually confirm or query your entrances through a phone or tablet without any extra servers needed.
- Operate more effectively - With remote lock and unlock capabilities, along with real-time reports available on your phone or computer, you can visually address issues and manage access events. This also enables you to resolve any issues outside working hours and weekends.
- Reduce administrative and IT hassle - Ease of use in provisioning with no additional hardware required. Users can manage installation without requiring or draining IT resources.
- Anti-tailgating capabilities - Monitor and detect tailgating as it happens to identify unauthorized users.
Leveraging our open API, Milestone and Camio created an easy-to-deploy and well-integrated user experience from a single pane of glass for facility and security managers. Access events and logs tie into video camera feeds and events, enabling quick video retrieval, real-time visibility to security events and accurate audit trails for compliance requirements. From a deployment option perspective, Camio’s cloud-based video analytics system can run stand-alone or layer on top of legacy video surveillance systems, and service customers looking for cloud-based or add-on video surveillance technology. For those users looking for an on-premise system, Milestone is a leading VMS provider with robust, enterprise-grade system trusted by landlords and tenants alike. And, if you’re looking to integrate with other video systems, please let us know. It’s relatively straight forward with our APIs.